Just as your car needs routine maintenance and occasional repairs to be fully functional, your air conditioner also requires proper care and attention. Whether you use it every day during summer or only depend on it from time to time, it’s important to check your air conditioner for signs of wear and tear that need to be addressed.
No matter how minor the problem seems, it’s recommended to have professional Chicago air conditioner repair technicians inspect your equipment to prevent your system from breaking down when you need it the most—in all likelihood, you’ll want to rely on your system to run at full capacity during the scorching summer season.
At Intelligent Service, we are committed to providing our customers with superior HVAC services—whether it’s a scheduled visit for maintenance or repairs or an emergency stop when you need it most. We work hard to keep our customers living in comfortable indoor environments, and know how important, regular check-ups are for preventing a costly disaster with your AC unit. In this article, we will discuss the importance of hiring a reliable Chicago A/C repair team for regular maintenance, as well as what you should expect from professional services like the ones we provide.
Importance of Inspection, Maintenance and A/C Repair
Professional air conditioning maintenance and repair services are the most practical option homeowners have when it comes to protecting their home investments. Air conditioning systems are not cheap, and hiring experts to check for important issues will prevent you from break-downs, expensive repairs, or replacements.
Aside from prevention, here are some of the other benefits of air conditioning repairs and replacements:
- Ensures Fast Restoration of Comfort: When your air conditioner malfunctions, immediately contacting a professional A/C repair company will help you make sure that the problem is fixed right away—in order to get your unit back to its fully operational state. This is especially important in the heat of the summer when high temperatures can cause discomfort and serious risks to your health.
- Extended Life: Whenever you make a home upgrade or investment such as an air conditioning system, it is logical to protect your investment by providing the continual maintenance and upkeep it needs for as long as possible. By having even the most minor problems repaired and scheduling regular tune-ups on time, you can expect your air conditioner to last much longer.
- Promotes Better Air Quality: Only a perfectly running air conditioning unit can ensure that your family breathes healthy air in your home. By having your air conditioner’s filters and ducts professionally inspected, cleaned, repaired, or replaced, you are promoting better indoor air quality for your household.
- Save Money: Addressing simple problems such as replacement of a clogged air filter can lower your energy usage by about 5 to 15 percent. When you have your air conditioner professionally repaired and maintained, you are preventing issues from becoming more severe. This will help you save money on both repairs and replacements, and also on your monthly energy bill.
What to Expect When Getting an A/C Repair or Maintenance
When you hire a professional technician to inspect your air conditioner, the expert should:
- Check the amount of refrigerant in your unit.
- Inspect for refrigerant leaks using a detector.
- Obtain refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system rather than just releasing it out to the atmosphere.
- Find any duct leakage and seal where necessary.
- Measure the airflow through the evaporator.
- Ensure thermostat accuracy.
- Check electric terminals and put non-conductive coating where necessary.
- Apply oil on motors and check belts for signs of wear and tear.
Your Trusted Chicago A/C Repair Company
If you’re looking for a reliable company for your Chicago air conditioning repair needs, contact Intelligent Service today. From A/C installation or replacement to emergency repair or scheduled maintenance, we can help you keep your A/C unit in tip-top shape for a very long time.
Since our family-owned business was founded in 1979, we have provided exceptional plumbing and air conditioning services to homeowners in Chicago and other nearby areas. Over the years, we continuously strive to further improve our services with our team of experienced professionals.
To experience our award-winning services, contact us today or fill out this quick online form to get a free in-home estimate from one of our accommodating Intelligent Service representatives.